Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Goals for Term 3-4 2015

Screenshot 2015-08-18 at 14.29.02.png


Image by FlamingText.com
My Goals:


Maths:  stage 6-7
What can I do? 
I can multiply and divide decimals and fractions , solve and compute word problems, solve and order operation of an equation (BEDMAS), as some operations some percentages and discount problems.


Where to next? 
To learn ratio & proportion, work on negative numbers, more BEDMAS exercises, more strand work: area, volume, weight, angles, distance, money, time, direction, Statistics and Geometry.


Writing: stage 4B 
What I can do? ideas R5: I can keep simple ideas and explain them further.


Structure R4: Language features appropriate to purpose and show development by describing and explaining more.


Organisation R4: I am beginning to group ideas in paragraphs and text is coherent and clear.


Vocabulary R5: I can select words and phrases that add interest and meaning .


Sentence R4: Most of my sentences are simple and correct. I am beginning to show variety in length, type and use extending phrases or clauses.


Punctuation R4: I am beginning to use some correct punctuation like commas and speech marks.


Spelling R5: I can spell high-frequency and difficult words correctly. I can attempt to spell by sounding the word and breaking them in syllables.


Where to next? 
To explain ideas more clearly and supporting it with more facts and information.
To follow the structure of writing like for example for explanation, I need to keep it present tense all the time. I have to Keep my introduction interesting.
To consistently organize ideas in paragraph and group sentences with same ideas into paragraphs.
To learn more new words or vocabulary  about the topic.
To write correct grammar in sentence, if present tense all the way present tense.
To use correct punctuation like comma, semi colon and colon.
To consistently proof read and edit work. I need to ask my friends to read my work and comment on them.



Reading:  Age Level: 11.5- 12.5
work on : inference, vocabulary, reaction.
Inquiry: What can I do? I can Write information, look for keywords, get information from the internet and find the keywords.


Where to next? Ask more interesting open-ended questions, more question to inquire.  


Joshua C


3 comments:

  1. Splendid goals, Joshua C! I love the way you set appropriate goals for yourself!
    Well done!

    From Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I really like how you know what to do next term .My school is owairaka in my class we can take our computer home can you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful goals, Joshua C! I hope you achieve these goals by the end of Term 4. Keep up the good work! I'm sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.