Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

Fruit flies



Image by FlamingText.com
As I drive pass Mt. Albert to pick up my sister, I see a big sign that says “ Beware you are in the fruit fly area”. What will be the effects to the resources of New Zealand?

Fruit flies harm lots and lots of our fruits and veggies. That is called contamination. The economy of NZ will go down. The biosecurity is not safe because that is how fruit flies get into New Zealand.

The horrible fruit flies get to pass New Zealand’s biosecurity lots of times because they are very tiny. The money will go down if the fruit flies infest all the fruits and veggies. Fruit flies can give us diseases and we can die from the diseases.

We can get rid of the fruit flies by spraying insecticide or by making fruit fly traps.

anastrepha_ludens13.jpg



2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua C,
    This is great I loved how you said that the biosecurity is not safe. Keep it up I also think the pictures are really cool.

    From,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua C,
    This is great I loved how you said that the biosecurity is not safe. Keep it up I also think the pictures are really cool.

    From,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.